Saturday, February 14, 2009

Emma's Valentine Cookies

Frosting and decorating cookies is one of Emma's favorite things to do. I think it is the perfect mix of creativity and sugar that really makes her feel happy. The cookies were actually pretty tasty once we scraped off the pound of high fructose corn syrup piled on top. I liked the one with chocolate and Dan liked the marshmello pecan one. Emma thought they were all "the best".






Oh how I wish I was still a kid again and could find joy in such simple activities! It was fun to watch her little mind thinking about what she would put on next. We need to decorate cookies more often, not just on holidays. The problem is that not only do we like to decorate, we like to eat them too. So maybe it is a good thing that we only do it on special occasions.

1 comment:

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

I love your "I love them to pieces" comment. You look so serious. ;) CUTE DAISY. Emma: How come I didn't get one of those cookies? I would have wanted the chocolate one.