Monday, February 23, 2009

Disneyland

One of the great perks of Dan's job is the free Disneyland passes. We have really tried to take advantage of them and usually make it there about 2-3 times a year. Even though it is still a long drive and we have to pay for hotels, it really helps to not have to pay $90/day (or whatever it is up to now) for tickets. We have gone at the end of February for the last few years and it has been great. The park is only open from 10am - 8pm, but that is enough time for us. The weather is awesome and the lines are short.


We also get free stroller rentals, so even though Emma is old enough to walk we always get a stroller to haul all our junk around in. And it is nice when little legs are tired at the end of the day. The only bad thing about the disneyland strollers is that they have to stay in the park, so the walk back to the hotel at night is a struggle. She usually ends up on Dan's shoulders, she is getting so big now it is hard for me to hold her for very long.

Gotta love the Disneyland Lollipops. That thing was SO gross at the end of the day, but she wouldn't let us throw the darn thing away! We had to keep it in a plastic baggie when we were on the rides. Oh well, a little lint never killed anyone!

On the top of Goofy's Boat in Toon Town

Teacups.....I usually sit out on this one, it makes me too dizzy. Thank goodness for Dads!



What would a visit to Disneyland be without a picture with Mickey??

While we were waiting for the fireworks Emma picked a couple flowers and insisited that we wear them for the rest of the day. Thank goodness the day was almost over! I hate flowers behind my ear, I always imagine a huge spider living in one and then crawling down my neck....EWE!!



Everytime we go to disneyland Emma begs us to get her face painted. We have always said no because it is too expensive. But since all of us were still getting over the shock and sadness of losing the baby, we thought we would splurge this time. I was so glad we did, she looked amazing when it was done.

Before.......




Check out how fast this girl was!











After!!!! Doesn't she look BEAUTIFUL!! People we stopping us all day and asking where she got it done. There are several face painting booths around the park, but the one we went to has to be the best. I didn't see any other faces as pretty as this one! Too bad it only lasts a day.



Emma's view of the train ride.

Gotta love Minnie!

Woody, Jessie and Emma



Yummy Disneyland IceCream! Watch Emma when she realizes that Dan is taking a video...my how she can act!

Emma didn't want to fuss with the kiddie rides this trip. In fact, we didn't even go to fantasy land. She only wanted to do the big roller coasters which was totally fine with Dan and I. We did Space Mountain 3 times in a row! Well Dan and Emma did anyway, I couldn't handle a 3rd time. She is a coaster maniac and we are proud of it!!!


Ride #1.... Emma wasn't quite sure if she liked it. Look at Dan trying to comfort her. And me, I am oblivious to everything but the ride! Emma could have been screaming her brains out for all I knew...geez am I a bad mom or what! How could I be having such a great time when my little sweetheart was freaked out??


Ride #2....Emma wanted me to sit with her this time, it doesn't look like she is having any more fun than last time. At least she has her eyes open this time....although mine are still closed! I don't know why I close them, it is pitch black in there anyway.

Ride #3. Okay, now she looks like maybe she is having fun...at least we know Dan is! Maybe she is crying for HELP who knows!! I had to sit this round out, twice in a row is enough for my poor head.


The crash at the end of the day....my favorite part of Disneyland is the 20 second bedtime routine!






1 comment:

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Oh my gosh. I so want to go again next year. Maybe we can do march again but I will probably have to stop every few hours to pump. haha Wouldn't that be fun!