Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pantry Remodel

I have been hating our pantry since the day we moved in.  It is about 2 feet wide and 5 feet deep. Not a good shape for storing food that you need to get to on a daily basis.  Maybe to store boxes of old clothes you will never fit back into, but not food.  We finally decided to do something about it.  We have 2 other closets that back up to the pantry.  One is a coat closet and the other is for our heater.  We needed a new heater anyway since ours was over 3o years old.  We had them install the new heater in the attic to free up the closet space.  We knocked out the walls between the 3 small closets and made one decent sized pantry.  It is now about 6 x 6.  Much better.  We haven't finished the outside walls, but as long as I don't have my food all over my kitchen I am good.  We can finish the outside next year for all I care!  It felt so good to knock down those walls!!


How small it was!


Break on through to the other side.

Hello there!


Gotta tilt your head for this one.






I love that laugh!


Its getting there.


Framing it up.


Almost done.


Done with the framing finally.


Gotta fix the ceiling.


Mudding the drywall.

Just a few more coats.







No comments: