Sunday, June 28, 2009

Foster Puppies

I finally convinced Dan to let us become a foster home for puppies.  I am working with a lady that has a puppy rescue organization about an hour away from me.  She has over 60 puppies that are waiting for permanent homes.  She gets them from shelters, out of dumpsters, on the side of the road or even from people who drop them on her door step.  She had 3 pregnant dogs which were abandoned when their 87 year old owner died.  I feel so sorry for these sweet little pups!  How could anyone not love them?  We took 2 home with us....they are chihuahua daschund mixes  about 9 weeks old.  We have a boy and a girl.  Emma named them Jack and the beanstalk whom she calls Jack and Cinderella who goes by Bella.  They are the cutest things ever and keep us waking up with a smile.  If I can't have any more babies, then I might as well have puppies right?  They are easier to deal with anyway.  And they sleep through the night-big plus!!!  We are having so much fun with them.  Anyone wanna adopt them????  We will be sad to see them go, but will get another set when they are gone.  It has been so good for Emma....I don't think she has been bored for a whole 3 days!!  Hopefully the excitement won't wear off too quickly.

Jack, Emma and Bella


Awww...the picture just doesn't do them justice.  They are my sweeties, all 3 of them!

Poor pups....Emma thinks they are rag dolls.  But they don't run away from her, so I guess maybe they like it.

Emma's song to the pups

Playing sleep over

5:30 am wake up call!!  

1 comment:

Jeremy 'n Brandy said...

Ava laughed when Emma started singing. She thought it was so cute.